Student Code of Conduct
Eastern Christian College Code of Conduct for Students
- All the students should respect the culture and ethnicity of all the Community/Tribes in the college.
- All the students should speak/use English as the medium of communication/conversation.
- All the junior students should wish/greet and respect the senior students within/inside and outside the campus, whereas senior students should be affectionate/compassionate towards their juniors and vice versa.
- All the students should follow a six day working schedule from Monday to Saturday, except on 2nd & 4th Classes are scheduled from 8:30 am to 2:45 pm.
- No students shall wander/gather in verandah, corridor, stair case and will not spare time in canteen unnecessarily.
- Regarding the project works/Assignments/seminars/internal tests, all students are mandatory to be present and submission of assignments has to be done on stipulated time.
- In the case of non-fulfillment of the criteria for filling up examination forms, no students shall be allowed to fill up the examination forms.
- Eligibility criteria for filling up of exam forms:
- The student must reach 80% of attendance.
- The particular student must secure at least 45% of marks from the allotted 30 marks for internal Assessment /out of 30 marks.
- The particular student must not fail more than two papers in his/her previous semester exams.
- All the students are expected to attend all college functions in college uniforms unless otherwise specified.
- Students are not permitted to organize any unauthorized celebrations/programs in the campus.
- Students are to use mobile phones only in specific zones viz. Students’ Common room, Girls’ Common room.
- Filled up exam/Registration forms etc are to be submitted to the designated authority within the stipulated time. Late submission of forms will be summarily rejected.
Code of conduct
Disciplinary Action Committee
There is a Disciplinary Action Committee in the college headed by the Dean of students as the Convener with teaching Faculties and Students Representatives as members. The main objective of the committee is to ensure implementation of code of conduct of the students.
Grounds of disciplinary Actions:
- Any violation of the Code of conduct adopted for the college shall invite penalty in the form of warning, fine, parents call, suspension, or even expulsion from the institution or any course of corrective measure as found suitable by the authority of the college.
- Off campus behaviors which have a significant impact on the mission of the college/ institution may invite formal institution disciplinary actions.
- Drinking alcohol, use or possession of any controlled substance, narcotic or drugs or any activities deemed prohibited by the institution authority.
- Malpractices such as unfair means in examination etc.
Rules and regulations laid down by the Disciplinary Committee:
- Students caught chewing tobacco products, spitting or in possession of shall be sternly dealt with.
- Students without proper uniforms on the allotted working days and on exam days will not be entertained inside the college campus.
- Any students caught defaming the name of the college in college uniform inside/outside the college campus will be sternly dealt with.
- Any student found damaging the college property will have to pay the cost of the damaged done.
- All the Students must communicate in English within/inside the college campus.